Sunday, May 07, 2006

Last entry, a shocking personal one!

Freshman year is over. I didn't do well enough to transfer to U of R. I'm stuck at Ithaca for the duration.

This is my fault, I will be the first to admit that I am too young to possibly comprehend what I need to do and when. Unfortunately as time passes I feel like I should know that by now, and that this skill just missed me along the way. Right now I'm worried about even staying in Ithaca, THAT is how bad I did this semester.

I have been able to get work done in the past of course, at the beginning of the year I did it with flying colors. I was the new prize of the History department, and then I died so quickly. When I had my social structure at home I could get by. The excitement of college allowed me to jump into things but once I alienated all those around me (I'm not easy to get along with in the long-term and I have no intention of changing that) and I realized my social structure at home was no longer there to support me I collapsed. I kept falling very slowly, until I rolled off the precipice over finals week. I hope to recover next year, maybe I can still pull off U of R, with its massive history department and my best friend there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home