Sunday, April 30, 2006

The plan for next year's room.

I have a double in Rowland right now. Next year I will have a single in Terrace 12. I am going to make my room a place for people to gather socially, despite it's compact size.

I will get a D-loft bed, which will allow me nearly 5 feet of space under my bed. Next to it I will build another loft, one five feet wide and 5 feet tall. On that loft I will keep my clothing, books, and storage items. Next to my bed will sit my desk, I will work on my laptop there.

Under my lofts is where the fun will be. Here is a floorplan:


I want to create a lounge atmosphere. A low ceiling with old Christmas lights will intensify the closeness. On the floor will be a futon mattress for people to lie down on. There will be a refrigerator stocked with fine drinks, including but limited to Saranac Root Beer, Champagne, and some high-end Bourbon (I'll only be drinking the Root Beer of course). My gorgeous speaker system will be present, and it will fill the cavern with a thick, rich sound. A television will have classic Nintendo games hooked up to it, as well as a DVD player for film screenings.

In this room I will throw "Gatsby Parties," lavish and intimate get-togethers in order to intensify the mystery surrounding myself (I say that with no delusion of pretentiousness). The gatherings will be every Friday night, I will wear my finest clothes, and all are welcomed to come.

My room will be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home