Monday, April 10, 2006

I cannot hold out any longer.

I succumb. You hear that AIM, I signed on today.

American youth is slowly falling into a world of interersonal relationships that mean nothing. A written language quickly deteriorating into nothing but "u goin 2 skool?" or the infamous "lol." The relationships we keep online are meant to barely cling on to some friends, or never let them go for that matter. I, a man of small social circles, see this world sickening. On top of that, I pride myself in exceptional conversation skills. Quick wit and pitch control make me sound less dull than the oversimplificated musings placed on a Buddy Profile.

I have to use AIM now, for unfortunately not even my dearest friends feel the same way I do. They have been assimilated, in one sense or another, to this false god. I cannot make new friends, because apparently AIM conversation is a necessary part of the friend-making process, before phone calls and hang-outs. SO not only is my existing social structure crumbling, any efforts to extend it are worthless.

So tonight, I sit "online." My away message is up, it reads: "Doing better things with my time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home