Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My nice friend who does what I do.

There is a wonderful girl who lives in my building on the first floor. She is a mathematics major, and her love for math is impressive. Today I received a Valentine's Day card reading "You are my ln(e) and only sin^20 +cos^20! Will you be my integrating factor?"

Pardon my language, but to me that's just plain badass. To meet people of passion, especially one of an academic kind, is so rare. I wear my knowledge on the arms of my jacket, I make jokes about the Pullman strike and the feeling I get when my friends laugh along is one of the warmest. Not only do these little humorous jokes showcase a sense of ability, they breed respect into the hearts of the audience, who understand that this ability is no parlor trick.

I've met gentlemen as well as ladies who take pride in burping the alphabet or a double jointed elbow. People who know me will see my pride and joy that is my bookshelf, stacked with dozens upon dozens of volumes that never end. I haven't read all of them yet, it will take me a long time, but what doesn't represent acquired knowledge showcases my lofty ambition.

Knowledge and ambition are two things that breed respect to me, and this girl wears that knowledge on the straps of her tank top... what a great thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home